Thursday, March 14, 2013

General Relativity Taught by Leonard Susskind

Hello everyone - I wanted to share a helpful video for anyone who is interested in general relativity.  If you didn't already know about this, Leonard Susskind teaches a course on general relativity at Stanford, and the entire course is available for free on youtube.  I have only had time to watch the first lecture (it is 2 hours) but so far I think he does a very good job.  I especially like his explanation of covariant and contravariant vectors and tensors at the end.  I have had one course in tensor calculus already, and I still mix up contravariant with covariant.  If you're not there yet, then this is a good preview.  I wish I knew about this video before taking that class.  I will definitely finish watching the rest before I get into a class on GR.

Note: this is the link to the first lecture - from there you can get to the rest by clicking on the related videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRZgW1YjCKk

No comments:

Post a Comment